Transportation Job in Des Moines, Iowa : IA
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Dedicated Transportation Manager
Dedicated Transportation Manager Job Description
- Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, appraising and rewarding.
- Manage the operation with integrity to achieve key performance goals. Monitor, analyze and improve all primary variables impacting operating revenue and costs. Act with a sense of urgency to achieve exceptional performance.
- Build a strong partnership with customer(s) through regular professional communication, problem solving and relationship building. Continually assess service performance levels and take timely action to remove performance barriers
- Promote and monitor employee safety and take proactive steps to create a positive safety culture. Partner with customer, internal and external resources as necessary to identify, evaluate and remove safety obstacles. Ensure compliance with safety programs and protocols as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure that all team members are properly trained and compliant with standard processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and valued. Maintain frequent communication with all team members
- Utilize on-site team members to identify operational improvements. Collaborate with other teams to share and learn best practices and leverage resources.
- Properly use the Ruan transportation management systems to ensure all required operational data is accurately captured in a near real-time manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years of transportation leadership experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- 3-5 years’ experience in transportation and 2 years supervisory experience is required.
- Flatbed experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
- Candidates should have strong knowledge of dispatch operations, transportation management and logistic solutions with a broad knowledge in DOT rules and regulation
- Experience conducting business using multiple software systems and processes.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and routing or dispatching systems.
- Travel is required based on business needs and is between 25-50%
Des Moines Transportation Job