Transportation Job in Ontario, California : CA
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Senior Transportation Project Manager
Senior Transportation Project Manager Job Description
Senior Transportation Project Manager (Project Manager III)
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Primary Location: Ontario, CA
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, engineering design, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems and as a company - We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Senior Transportation Project Manager at Michael Baker International do?
The Senior Transportation Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and designers in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway improvement projects for City, County and State agencies in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
The successful candidate will deliver projects per agreed to plan, budget,and quality objectives. (S)He will lead, assign, and review work of the project delivery team; check work and progress and identify changes of scope and additional services.
Staff mentorship and development is a responsibility of the Senior Transportation
Project Manager, as well as the development and overseeing of budgets and schedules.
The successful candidate will cultivate and maintain client relationships as well as lead proposal development and interview preparation and participation. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide technical direction, support and strategic planning while being a visible and active member of the Transportation community through professional organization involvement.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Senior Transportation Project Manager in the Inland Empire?
- You'll develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with key transportation clients.
- You’ll determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- You’ll work with our Transportation Managers and Transportation Practice Leaders in the development of targeted client service action plans in the Inland Empire market.
- You’ll participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major highway or roadway project opportunities.
- You’ll manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker International services within the Transportation practice area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker International.
- You’ll be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
Could you be the Senior Transportation Project Manager we are looking for?
- You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- You’ll have a minimum of 15 years of Transportation/Public Works experience with increasing levels of responsibility and may also have design-build experience
- You’ll have your Professional Engineer (PE) license
- You’ll have knowledge of regulatory issues and key players in the Inland Empire transportation market.
- You’ll have a strong track record of overseeing successful project delivery of a diversity of Transportation/Public Works projects for City, County and State agencies
- You’ll possess strong relationships with City, County and State agencies, including established Caltrans and County relationships
- You’ll have demonstrated supervisor and mentoring skills
- Strong proposal writing and presentation skills are required
- You’ll have entrepreneurial spirit to grow our Transportation practice in the Inland Empire market
- You’ll need strong engineering judgment with strong background in Transportation/Public Works
- Of course, excellent written and verbal communication skills, public speaking ability, and problem-solving skills are required
- You’ll also have the capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts
- You’ll have the drive to be a leader in the company and in the professional community
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.
Ontario Transportation Job