Transportation Job in Ontario, California : CA
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Transportation Design Engineer
Transportation Design Engineer Job Description
Transportation Design Engineer
Job Type: Full Time Exempt
Primary Location: US - Ontario
So what does a Transportation Design Engineer at Michael Baker International do?
As a part of our Transportation Engineering Team, the Transportation Design Engineer is responsible for civil roadway design and analysis of civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, airports and railroad facilities. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to prepare basic studies, construction documents, drawing, maps, reposts and supporting documentation and calculations. Depending on your experience, you may have the opportunity to instruct entry level engineers and interns in CADD techniques, standards, and processes.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Transportation Design Engineer?
- The best part being a transportation design engineer in Michael Baker’s Ontario office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which may be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office preparing technical reports, construction drawings, quantities and construction cost estimates, as well as coordinating with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation.
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development, including internal training in technical and management areas that leads to career advancement.
- As your knowledge and capabilities increase you will be able to explore our technical management, project management and technical career paths.
Could you be the Highway Engineer we are looking for?
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, and a minimum of 6 - 8 years of related highway design experience for transportation clients that could include Caltrans, METRO, OCPW, OCTA, TCA and various local agencies is required.
- A Professional Engineer’s license in CA is desired.
- To be successful, you’ll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you’ll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people both internally and externally. You will need the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills are required.
- Be able to quickly get up to speed on our policies, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client’s standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
- Naturally, you’ll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to utilize CAD software like AutoCAD and MicroStation and be proficient in Civil Engineering software such as Bentley’s InRoads or Civil 3D. and it would be a plus if you already are skilled in the use of the software noted above.
- Strong engineering judgment with proven background in Transportation is required.
- The drive to be a leader in the company and in the professional community is preferred.
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
How do I apply?
- Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.
- If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our Glassdoor, LinkedIn and Great Places to Work pages.
Ontario Transportation Job