Transportation Job in Biloxi, Mississippi : MS 39532
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Transportation Manager Job Description
Express Employment Professionals is searching for a Transportation Manager in Jackson County.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for planning; directing, coordinating and maintaining economical and efficient transportation service for the company. This position is also responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Transportation department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages budget, assuring expenditures are appropriate and within allowable reserves
- Develop manpower and transportation plans
- Maintains and updates policies, procedures and client directives and guidelines
- Administers HR policies including constructive discipline; develops and monitors individual action plans
- Evaluates and implements necessary changes for staffing levels, work schedules, procedures and workflow processes
- Manages specific assignment of responsibilities of the transportation staff
- Manages department performance through motivation, monitoring and coaching
- Assesses and defines department training needs and participates in cross training, on-the-job-training and new hire training
- Defines routes: identifying the most efficient routes and arranging ample staffing to meet the transportation needs of clients
- Daily, monthly, and annual inspections of client vehicles
- Works closely with staff to ensure all employees are meeting standards of contract, company policies and provide recommendation for hiring and dismissal
Biloxi Transportation Job
Transportation Manager Job Requirements
- Transportation/Fleet Service experience, which includes customer processing, route procedures and basic security and operational procedures
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Understanding of how to motivate and provide supportive leadership for those managed.
- Knowledge of business processes such as profit and loss, profit margins, accounting, and other related principles
- Keeps current on applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning transportation operations
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and be available after normal business hours
- Prepares and maintain reports, interpret Federal and State regulations
- Ability to operate various office equipment including but not limited to a personal computer, Commercial Van, Propane fueling station and communication radios
- Ability to relate effectively with a diverse staff, client, and general public
- Ability to plan and set objectives and goals that support the overall strategic plan, identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions
Possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with passenger endorsement at the time of appointment and maintain a good driving record for the duration of employment.
Current experience in transportation/fleet management and DOT requirements