Transportation Job in Gainesville, Georgia : GA
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Transportation Safety Director
Transportation Safety Director Job Description
Lazer Spot is the industry leader in third-party yard management services. Spotting and local shuttles are our core business, not an auxiliary function. A choice to work with Lazer Spot means that you get our full attention, our years of experience, and our commitment to customer satisfaction. You will not find another company that works harder or understands better how to make your facility function more efficiently.
The position directs the transportation safety management process for the SE region locations in conjunction with organization safety goals and priorities. The positon provides overall support and guidance to the Regional, area and local transportation operations management. The Director will coordinate with Transportation Leadership Ops and VP of Safety in crafting short and long term strategies in building a culture of safety. The Director will oversee systems and activities to maintain oversight of regulatory compliance, provides training and professional development for regional management and CMV operators. Conducts audits and inspections of the transportation safety management process and monitors metrics and indices reflecting performance.
Guides and promotes employee safety performance by coaching and training on safety systems, policies and procedures, safety campaigns, and programs to eliminate, prevent or control injurious hazards, acts and behaviors.
Fosters a safety culture within the organization. Conducts business unit assessments, inspections and audits to ensure compliance with regulatory, customer and company requirements.
Partners with Operations to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are completed. Designs training for all levels of employees and ensures personnel training and corrective action follow-up are completed.
Investigates, reports and records vehicle accidents, work-related injuries and incidents. Maintain written documentation of events, accidents, complaints, general requirements, and prepare documentation as necessary
Evaluates local management teams’ leadership of safety initiatives, customer service, and employee relations.
Trains managers on FMCSA and DOT regulations, including hours of service, drug testing, fitness for duty, compliance files, etc.
Assesses fleet issues and advises local management and corporate team on maintenance and repair matters.
Gainesville Transportation Job
Transportation Safety Director Job Requirements
Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License required. Safety Manager Certification by a professional society preferred 5+ years of safety experience in trucking industry required.
- Proven leadership skills able to influence and motivate others to achieve results. High level of energy and passion for excellence. Bias for action, adaptability and resilience.
- Possess Excellent oral and written communication skills to express ideas effectively. Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to handle transportation problems, concerns, and complaints with tact and diplomacy
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) & OSHA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Based in the Atlanta area preferred, approximately 70% travel required.
- Develop and communicate informative presentations and strategies for stakeholders and managers to gain and understanding and consensus
- Ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team, including those holding divergent and /or opposing views and goals.
- Ability to develop, coach and mentor others to prepare others for effective job performance.
- Understand and apply meaningful operations and safety performance metrics