Transportation Job in Newark, New Jersey : NJ
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Civil Highway/Transportation Group Manager
Civil Highway/Transportation Group Manager Job Description
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.
The Highway/Transportation Group Manager is responsibility for managing infrastructure projects in the Transportation and Aviation service lines. The selected candidate will perform technical oversight, staff development, contract management, technical and cost proposal development, project performance and client management for targeted statewide clients.
- On most days, you will collaborate with the Regional Transportation Practice Lead, the Civil/Highway Department Manager, as well as highway engineering managers from other Michael Baker offices around the country, and will be part of a dynamic team responsible for expanding the highway engineering practice currently servicing state, county, and municipal clients.
- On some days you will prepare technical and cost proposals to win work.
- Some evenings will be spent at professional society meetings; where you will work to develop and maintain relationships with key clients, teaming partners, and potential technical staff hires.
- On most days, you will be managing staff utilization by scheduling, monitoring and revising assignments; creating and monitoring department budgets; providing leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff on issues such as performance feedback, financial management, and client relations; resolving personnel issues such as marginal performance, policy interpretations, and succession planning.
- On most days, you will also manage roadway-engineering projects for transportation or other clients.
- You’ll need a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, or similar degree and 15 years of progressive highway related design experience. 5 years of project and staff management experience is also required. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with New Jersey DOT, New Jersey Turnpike Authority, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, New York State and NYC DOT design standards.
- You should have experience with interstate, county and municipal roadway design, utility relocations, right-of-way, access, stormwater management and environmental process and documentation required on New Jersey infrastructure transportation projects. Experience with other transportation/infrastructure agencies located in the Northeast is also desired. Specifically, project management experience with NJDOT, NJ Turnpike Authority, New York State and NYC DOT, and/or PANYNJ; experience managing projects involving multiple disciplines such as roadway, drainage, geotechnical, environmental, etc.; and experience supervising the execution, financial performance, and quality assurance of multiple simultaneous projects is desired.
- You will need a New Jersey and New York P.E. or the ability to obtain within 6 months. Having a Connecticut PE registration is also a plus.
- To be successful, you’ll need to be bright, organized, goal oriented, quality focused and determined; you’ll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need excellent time management skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, and the ability to prepare professional, well-written proposals, reports and engineering project documents are essential to long-term success in this role.
- You’ll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client standards relevant to your projects.
- Naturally, you’ll need excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and be knowledgeable of technical software used in the highway engineering technical areas.
- You will need excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation projects, with an emphasis on experience and knowledge of the design of interstate and general roadway infrastructure.
- You will have experience with and understanding of AASHTO’s green book, Roadside Design Guide, New Jersey client Design Manuals and relevant industry standards as well as staying knowledgeable of trends and current developments in the Highway Engineering specific technical areas.
- You will possess established client and colleague relationships and a desire to lead proposal efforts.
Newark Transportation Job