Transportation Job in Waverly, Virginia : VA 23890
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Transportation Supervisor 1- Waverly Va
Transportation Supervisor 1- Waverly Va Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY: Supervises the transportation function for the Feed Delivery operations that support the Waverly and Creswell Mill domiciles. Responsibilities to include safe, efficient, timely and accurate loading and transportation of feed. Operates in compliance with federal, state and local DOT regulations. The supervisor performs the following duties personally or through subordinates.
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the day-to-day operations within the transportation function including the supervision of drivers, contractors, and support personnel. Develops teamwork among this group.
- Manages the financial performance by controlling costs, budgeting, business and financial planning, and tracking financial activity via P & L review.
- Handles disciplinary problems for rule and policy violations.
- Ensures compliance of federal and state DOT requirements including driver files, hours of service, training requirements, and keeps up with changes.
- Ensures compliance to EMS, BMS, IPS, ISO and DOT programs.
- Organizes the transportation function to provide proper utilization of assets and human resources to achieve low transport costs. This includes managing schedules and paid time off.
- Responsible for scheduling all maintenance on department vehicles.
- Provides leadership to establish a safe working environment and culture including safety audits, safety meetings, safety procedures and safety rules.
- Maintains key performance indicators (KPI’s) and reports to management on latest trends, opportunities for improvement and other related issues within transportation.
- Oversees the dispatch function including coordination and communication with production, contract growers, contract carriers and external customers.
- Must be on call to work in emergency situations such as power outages, accidents, or personnel shortages.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule- Holidays and weekends as needed.
- Reports to work on all scheduled work days.
The transportation supervisor directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Other supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Waverly Transportation Job
Transportation Supervisor 1- Waverly Va Job RequirementsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid State Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
CDL - class “A” required or completion of certification within 6 months.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Computer literate in Microsoft software
Ability to read and understand maps
Ability to understand Department of Transportation Safety standards
Good Communication and Customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.