Transportation Job in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania : PA
Looking for Transportation Jobs? See currently available Transportation job openings on transportation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
transportation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any transportation job . We provide job resources for Transportation positions throughout the industry. transportation.jobs.net also provides Transportation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Transportation by either city or state.
transportation.jobs.net is a transportation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Transportation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your transportation job search on transportation.jobs.net today.
Transportation Intern Job Description
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Under direct supervision, the Transportation Intern will assist in the drafting, design and analysis of projects as a part of the Transportation group.
• The best part of being an intern in Michael Baker International’s Philadelphia office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
• Highway/roadway design from preliminary schematic through final construction documents, including: typical sections, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, maintenance of traffic plans, signing and pavement markings, basic hydraulics, drainage and erosion control using MicroStation and Geopak software
• Construction cost estimation and preparation of quantities
• You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
• Enrolled as a part-time or full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited University, College, or Technical School in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 2.5 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Attention to detail
• Effective decision making, organizational, and conceptual thinking skills
• Must have a willingness to learn, be a strong communicator, and exhibit flexibility in accommodating new or multiple assignments
• Previous drafting experience; such as MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred
Philadelphia Transportation Job